June 25, 2006

Tofoodie

Current Netflix rental:
The Cosby Show: Season 2

I think I ate more tofu this weekend than I have eaten in my life thus far. I bought some tofu a couple of weeks ago, and it was about to pass its prime. I pan fried a package worth of medium firm tofu last night in some olive oil. It was a little funky, but it tasted pretty good at about lunch time today. Tonight I breaded and fried some tofu. I think I liked the non-breaded stuff better. I cannot bread and fry things properly. That's okay, because I honestly don't like a lot of fried food anyway. If you don't attack your heart, your heart won't attack you.

Here's the other stuff that was on today's menu:

Chinese Noodles with Sesame Dressing - a recipe from Everyday Food, but I found it subpar to the food I'd like to eat every day. Cilantro in Asian? Can that be that kosher?

Stir-Fried Chicken with Green Beans in Spicy Orange Sauce - quite yummy, and I don't even really like green beans.

Coconut Macaroons - yuck! I thought this would be a good dessert with the Asian dishes. I certainly see enough of those dumb things at Asian buffets. They tasted like Corn Pops. Much too sweet!

And here's a line from a great Reuters story to explain why I'm going to live to be 100 years old - besides the fact that I eat tofu. Drs. Leonid Gavrilov and Natalia Gavrilova of the University of Chicago's Center on Aging report that their research shows that a child's chances of living to 100 years of age double for a child born to a woman before her 25th birthday. Check out the entire story:

"They found that while being born to a young mother was an important predictor of reaching 100, other factors seem to help someone live an exceptionally long life. These include growing up in the Western part of the U.S., spending part of one's childhood on a farm, and being born first."


Well, I'd better go check my IRA portfolio, since I'm going to live so long... Clean livin', baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll never make it past 99.

Anonymous said...

I shall tell you what I told Katie. Update, Sister!