June 11, 2006

Music to my ears...

Current Netflix rentals:
Good Night and Good Luck
&
The Ringer

I am at my parents' house right now, and my sisters Wendy and Katie are playing the piano and the recorder, respectively. The thing is, Katie doesn't play the recorder, so the music is monotonous and painful, at that. Abby is here, too. She's my three year-old cousin. Those three girls are having a wild and crazy time. I'll have to post a picture of the three of them when I'm at my own computer. I'm really really bummed because the family pc we've been using for a couple of years crashed, and all the pictures I've taken for a few years, and all the songs I downloaded from Napster during its heyday are gone. I'm really upset about all those pictures we lost. I'm going to become the poster child for maintaining backup data storage.

We had a family reunion for my maternal grandmother's side of the family this weekend. The reunion was here in my hometown. It was really fun to see everyone. I'm even glad that many of my relatives have reproduced and there were some darn cute kids to play with. Yikes! There goes Abby with the recorder again. That music is so harsh! Make me promise that I will post a few pictures from Katie's birthday party last week. At least I need to share pictures of the cheesecake from hell. 'Tis okay, the theme was a little devilish since the party was on 6/6/06.

I'm excited because my three siblings and I are going to go down to Austin this week. I think it will be a fun road trip. I have always thought that I am a spontaneous, leave the options open person; more likely, I'm just an indecisive person. However, in revisiting that opinion, I realized that I'm actually a pretty meticulous planner sometimes. Take this little road trip. I feel like I have to prepare an exact schedule of times and places and meals.

Well, I've been blogging for a bit now, and I still can't think of any way to make this a fun post, or a _____ (whatever) post. This one's just random, and I can't think of a fun way to close it either. Here are a couple of links to the places that we want to visit in Austin:

Whole Foods
Wild about Music
Chuy's
Mandola's Italian Market
Zilker Botanical Gardens

No comments: