June 22, 2009

Daddy's Day

Super Dad

For Father's Day dinner we had Cafe Rio Salad: two tortillas under Romaine lettuce, Cilantro-Lime Rice, Black Beans, Sweet Shredded Pork, Tomatillo-Lime Dressing, Cotija Cheese, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, Tortilla Strips... I learned that it's called Cotija cheese, not Cojita. I had been calling it Cojita and mocking people that said Cotija for a couple of years. It was a little depressing to learn that my foodie knowledge wasn't infinite. (It is now?)

Cafe Rio Salad

My dad's three favorite things are German Chocolate Cake, Coconut Cream Pie, and me. This coconut cream pie was the best I've made yet, but it still needs some tweaking. It needs a deeper filling and less whipped cream on top, and there's something not quite right about the filling. Maybe it needs some dark rum? I'll have to go scavenge recipes.

Coconut Cream Pie


Walkin' the floor over you

No comments: