February 24, 2007

Foodie Kimberly is dead

Never underestimate my ability to completely freak out. At some point on Wednesday, I realized I had a couple of relatively mammoth assignments to turn in on Monday. I think I realized it in the middle of teaching a piano lesson. I hate telling a student, "Uh, sorry. I had a minor panic attack while you were playing. Could you start at the beginning and play that song again?"

I have been overeating since the dawn of the realization of my impending doom. Somehow I find food comforting. It doesn't even have to be good food. This week I've eaten fast food and cafeteria food more times than I care to admit. Just now, I had to get away from my homework for a bit. Where did I go? Rosa's, of course, for queso and enchiladas. I need some motivation.

My favorite demotivator


My mantra is "Don't freak out! Don't freak out!" I also try to tell myself helpful things like: This assignment is only worth x points. You still have plenty of time to finish. You're a smart person. What's the worst that could happen? You'll fail the course and waste hundreds of dollars retaking it. That last one doesn't help so much.

My coworker is pregnant. That is probably what started all the overeating lately. We snack all day, and when we're not eating, we're talking about food and recipes. Well, it's got to stop. I am not eating for two! So, I am going on a diet. I refuse to buy a new wardrobe of larger-sized clothes. If the health concerns of overeating didn't motivate me to stop, the thought of plunking down the cash for new clothes will. If the shame of being a pear-shaped loser didn't make me kick the habit, looking at myself in a dressing-room mirror surely will.

What's the best diet plan out there? South Beach? Atkins? Liquids-only? My diet starts Monday after I turn in these assignments. Ha! Back to work.

Related: Eat Your Money's Worth at Any All-You-Can-Eat Buffet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I loved the "Eat Your Money's Worth at Any All-You-Can-Eat Buffet" link. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I went to the Rosa's link and discovered that the only out of state Rosa's is in Temecula, CA. That's where Jillian is from. Ironic.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, don't start dieting! Dieters are such colossal bores. Really. No fun to be around at all.

And in the end, diets make you fat. The amount your weight drops it goes up and plus.

Just say no. To diets.

And to food you aren't hungry for.

Now THAT'S hard.

Anonymous said...

This is an update request for my personal benefit and pleasure.