March 9, 2008

Too Much Information

I found out that I can fit an entire Reese's King Size Peanut Butter Easter Egg in my mouth. No need to know just how I found that out. Just know that if my life depends on me being able to do that, I'll be okay. Or if I just want to enjoy the deliciously perfect ratio of peanut butter to chocolate while I contemplate victory over the grave, that's cool, too. Easter candy is fun! Except for Peeps.

Tonight for dinner I'm trying a new Alton Brown recipe, Slow Cooker Pepper Pork Chops. I didn't see the episode, Major Pepper, but it includes a recipe for Pepper Vodka and shows Alton attaching a pepper mill to the bit housing of a cordless drill. He's McGyver!


This is one of those recipes that I know already I'll try again; first, because I sampled a taste and loved it; and second, because I kinda messed it up and think it could be even better with a redo. Some of the mess up was due to the Daylight Savings switch. I didn't put the chops in the brine early enough to begin with, and losing that additional hour didn't help. I also borrowed a bigger slow cooker from Mom. Mine wasn't big enough for eight pork chops. So the "slow cooker" setting on Mom's cooks much hotter than mine, and the chops were cooked through and falling off the bone when I got home from church, many hours ahead of schedule. Also on the menu, broiled asparagus, baked sweet potatoes, rolls - thanks, Mom! - and Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake. Two more guests for dinner? Ahhh!
Pepper Pot Pork Chops Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake

No comments: