June 7, 2007

I'm a hopeless romantic. You're just hopeless.

There's something very romantic for me about the Summer season. Not that I'm expecting anything different this summer than my status quo singlehood. I am not really sure if I don't date because I think dating is awful, or if I think dating is awful because I don't date. That stupidism sounded really good in my head.

People try to set me up sometimes, which is always amusing. Some people even put some thought into it and come up with an effort better than "You're both single." I don't realize how much people worry for me. Like every time I said I went to Dallas & Natchitoches with Matt I got some excited "Ooh! Matt! What's going on there?" or "You should bring him around so we can meet him."

My plan is to catch a boyfriend with my amazing baking. After all, at Christmas, Granddaddy was eating a cake I baked and said, "You could catch yourself a boyfriend with this cake." I think he said it more than once. This guy is going to have to have an unbelievable sweet tooth, though. I'll have to analyze my recipes and decide just what kind of guy I want to catch.

Peanut Butter & Jelly CupcakesLike Tuesday, I made some Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes. Now with those, I would probably catch a man very in touch with his inner child. A man of simple tastes, perhaps.

Then there's the whole elimination process accompanying making a dessert with coconut or nuts. I'm surprised that people exist who do not like either of those; sick, sick people. I always think of George Bailey's line in It's a Wonderful Life: You don't like coconuts? Say brainless, don't you know where coconuts come from?

Feeding him dark chocolate would really be bringing out the big guns. Dagoba Xocolatl is actually supposed to have aphrodisiacal properties. Then there are my other favorites, like cheesecake, Key Lime Pie, various ice creams.

Tonight I'm trying to decide between making Spice Cake with Sea Foam Frosting and Alton's Tres Leche Cake. I watched Good Eats and was a little scared by a Southern boy like Alton calling it "Traays Leche" instead of "Tres Leches" like we Texans do. Since June is Dairy Month, I think the Tres Leche Cake is going to win out. Sure to catch a guy who likes Mexican food and salsa dancing.

1 comment:

Janssen said...

WOW! With that list of desserts, I would be your boyfriend :)

Thanks for your comment - I'm excited to check your blog out some more.