March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's DayCurrently watching:
Saturday morning cartoons

I remember when they actually had good cartoons on Saturday morning. Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo, and Gummi Bears were some of my favorites. Then there was the whole Saved by the Bell craze that captivated me for years. Commercials used to be better, too, I think, as were the prizes in the cereal boxes. Ah, nostalgia.

Southern Cook in TrainingThis morning we had pancakes and bacon. Abby wanted waffles, so she got the Eggo waffles that have been in my freezer since before Katie left. Molly brought her Paula Deen "Southern Cook in Training" apron, because as she said, "All we ever do here is cook." Dad said that he is glad that all we do is cook, because all he likes to do is eat.

It's a pretty day outside, so maybe we'll go for a walk and pinch people who aren't wearing green. Then we'll probably have to get ice cream or something. Tonight for dinner, we'll have Corned Beef & Cabbage or Reubens. Tomorrow is the birthday of Mom, Grammy, and Carmen, so more partying! I'm making a Lemon Lover's Cake. I'll take pictures if it looks purty.

No comments: