August 13, 2006

Alton Brown, revisited

Next up on Netflix:
Why We Fight

Sunday is usually my blogging day, so I guess I'll do it even though I don't have anything exciting to report. Today for lunch we ate Pork Tenderloin Diane. It was okay. I put way too much dijon mustard in the sauce. I would make it again. It was a super easy recipe. Mom brought some red potatoes and green peas, and they tasted good aside the pork. We had some fruit, too, and I'm about to make a smoothie with what was left. I made some more Rocky Road ice cream this weekend, too.

Further speaking foodie, I thought I would revisit my "Alton Brown is my dream guy" entry idea. What makes the guy so dreamy? Actually, I'm not sure how far into this I want to go. I'm freaking myself out looking for pictures of the guy online like some crazed cyber-stalker. It's time for bed anyway. I'm tired despite my Sunday nap.

Alton Brown


"Good Eats was, if nothing else, original. I can't always say that it's good, but I do think it's original. And I think that's something that comes from one person being allowed to exercise their vision, be it twisted or otherwise -- that's usually where great innovations come from."--AB

[Quoted in a Macworld interview (Yeah, he's a Mac guy, and I'm never sure what to make of their kind.)]

Alton's quirky and intelligent and funny. I have Alton's autograph in my copy of Alton Brown's Gear for Your Kitchen. He's like MacGyver meets Bob Vila meets Bill Nye meets Bart Simpson. Gotta love the plastic-framed glasses, too. The man is even a biker. He rides his bike cross-country exploring the history of eating on the move in his new series Feasting on Asphalt. I still haven't seen it, but I'm sure it's fab. Wiki has a list of places Alton visits on each episode, complete with coordinates and links so you can visit, too, I suppose. Okay, well, that was fun... for me.

Fun links:
Alton Brown's official site
Foodtv.com - Good Eats
Alton Brown - Wikipedia

No comments: