January 25, 2012

Le Petit Gourmand

I've camped out at Mom and Dad's for a few days because of a nasty pain in my back that makes any movement excruciating. The highlight of my day was when Katie and Nancy came home from the library and Nancy showed me the book she chose for herself.



She curled up next to me on the bed and we flipped through recipes for Croque Monsieur sandwiches, Sole Meunière, and Clafoutis.

My niece has very discerning tastes. She asked for seconds of a 72% dark chocolate and sea salt bar from World Market.

Another high point was finding that I could laugh without writhing in agony, so you know, small victories today. 

2 comments:

Auntie said...

So sorry to hear about your back--I hope you improve quickly!

Yay for petit-niece...now teach her to play "Going on a Beurre Hunt".

Leucophyllum said...

I thought of this entry when I read this article during lunch today: http://ideas.time.com/2012/04/04/are-foodie-kids-the-sign-of-end-times/

I say that we should encourage children to eat good food, and shun bad stuff. There ain't anything wrong with our Foodie ways.

Your thoughts?