April 12, 2010

Pork Is a Nice, Sweet Meat

I decided to try pescetarianism (eat seafood, but no mammals or birds) for awhile. A short while. Turned out to be only two weeks. The problem wasn't so much that I missed eating chicken or cheeseburgers. Or that I had gone about misspelling pescetarian as pescatarian. Alas, I began to experience heart palpitations, and since I am not in love that I know of, except perhaps with Lee Pace after my weekend Pushing Daisies marathon, I attributed the flutters to my change in diet.

So I decided to fall off the wagon with a pork salad, which created a gentle enough thud, being mostly tortilla, rice, beans, cilantro, lime, guacamole, dairy, and just a little of that sweet, sweet slow roasted pork.

Cafe Rio Pork Salad

I feel fine with the relapse.

4 comments:

Auntie said...

A Pushing Daisies marathon! Oh my goodness, I would have baked a pie and joined you.

When that series aired, I was stitching Porter's stocking. Now that I'm sewing Nancy's, I should Netflix Ned and Olive.

Kimberly said...

Season 1 is available for streaming on the WB right now, too: Pushing Daisies

Porter said...

I'm pretty sure that Confuscius said that a life without beef is a life not worth living

Auntie said...

Porter, I'll treat you to a BBQ plate anytime.

Thanks for the Pushing Daisies link, dear niece. When I try to sew and watch the final season "24", I pull the stitches too tight.