- Fortunately, there was food in my house.
- Unfortunately, it all appeared to be inedible.
- Fortunately, I had milk in the house with which to make a hot drink.
- Unfortunately, I got too excited about that hazelnut steamer and burned my tongue.
- Fortunately, my house is so cold that the steamer quickly cooled enough to drink safely.
- Unfortunately, I have a five years' supply of hot chocolate mix in my pantry, and that hazelnut steamer ain't gonna put a dent in it.
- Fortunately, I made fast friends with toast smeared with butter and some crazy apple cider jelly.
- Unfortunately, I had only enough jelly for one slice of toast.
- Fortunately, I cleaned out the jelly jar and got to throw it away. One less thing in the fridge!
- Unfortunately, I will be in Lubbock for New Year's.
- Fortunately, I will have someone cute to kiss (the only fulfilled resolution from last year?).
December 31, 2007
Did you ever read or write a 'fortunately, unfortunately' story in grade school? I remember writing one in second grade that involved a New Kids on the Block concert. I feel like writing another tonight, just without Joey and Donnie.